The ground-up 137,000-square-foot data center is the only large-floor space with wholesale availability in the Dallas CBD.
Currently, a Fortune 500 telecommunications company serves as the anchor tenant for the internetworked facility, occupying 10,000 square feet within the 12-story structure. The 2020 Live Oak high-rise was built in two phases. The first four floors were constructed in 1938, and then an additional eight floors were added in 1963.
The executive team fueling Provision’s strategy and vision is principal founder and Chief Executive Officer, Clay Hill, co-founder and Chief Operating Officer, David Tordoff, along with Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, David Marlow.
The data center will offer users:
- Oncor delivery is a double-contingency system that serves the high-density load in the CDB. Five separate networks serve Provision.
- Double-contingency design assures uninterrupted service in the event of the loss of one or two network feeders or transformers.
- 14 MW of utility power is available with scalability to increased capacity.
- Tier 3 conformal and SAS 70 Type 2, SSAE 16 SOC I, SOC II compliant facility.
- Flexible colocation space for single tenant floors; private, locked cages and suites; build-to-suits for independent data centers; two separate Meet-Me-Rooms; up to 10,000 square feet of contiguous space with wholesale colocation options.
- 24×7 on-site personnel with 12-foot perimeter wall and multi-factor security fencing enclosing generator yard.
The Dallas-Fort Worth market is one of the top data center markets in the country, and the fourth largest MSP in the U.S. With 135,000 employees working in Downtown Dallas, the city expects to see more corporate recruitment and retention within the CBD. The North Texas region offers reliable, cost-effective electricity with high-speed connectivity provided by multiple services providers, as well as attractive tax incentives and a large pool of qualified technical talent.
Read the full article by Steve Brown with The Dallas Morning News here.
– – –
Provision Data Services provides secure and scalable data center, colocation and interconnection solutions with Tier 3 reliability for enterprise users. Provision’s managed data center services are anchored in densely connected, strategically located facilities. Headquartered in Dallas, the company’s customized IT solutions offer customers advanced IT infrastructures to allocate company resources more efficiently. For more information, visit Provision Data Services’ website at www.provisiondataservices.com.